Oh My …..
WELL What can we say…. how has the World changed since the last time we caught up!! Remember the days when Corona meant this to us…
Like everyone we feel as if we are in the set of a movie or a bad dream and just about to wake up
I find that keeping busy takes my mind off it – at least for a little while)However missing some of the really small things that we normally take for granted – physical contact with friends and family, popping out for a coffee, missing going out for meals
But on a positive – It means much more exercise, more thinking time and I am so grateful that me and my family and team are healthy
And of course we will be forever grateful to the soldiers of today – the front line workers, in the NHS, community care, police, firemen, supermarket workers and everyone who is continuing to keep life running. THANK YOU – and a special mention to my daughter (Ellis) – she is a Community Pharmacist. I am so proud of her at this very difficult time.
I was lucky enough to get away for a (very) short break ahead of the lockdown. We cut our trip short and came back just before the announcement and could not believe how different the UK was when we got back. Business wise – restaurants and bars all closed with confusion about who could stay open. All events cancelled until at least the middle of June (but likely to be restricted throughout the Summer). All orders dried up – not just for Ellis Gin but for many small businesses across the world!
Remember if you would like to order some Ellis Gin – we have some great online providers for the larger bottles and some fab gift sets that can be ordered via DM or by dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have something to fit every budget and every occasion and of course – we can post or deliver direct to the person you wish to receive. Great for Birthdays, Special occasions or just as a little Thank You for being there.
We are staying busy here at Ellis Gin – looking at ways to get through this situation and planning for coming out the other end
- We have increased our online presence – Craft56, Crafty Connoisseur, Masters of Malt, Etsy, Yumbles and Gin to My Tonic shop all now stock Ellis Gin- and of course you can also order direct by sending an email to Info@ellisgin.com.
- We are running fab competitions, collaborating with some of our amazing and inspiring friends. Did you see our comp with BuzBeetonics. So excited that Lisa who won the competition – was a nurse and when I let her know, she was at work and it was her birthday – she was very pleased!!
- And cant wait for you to see our next collaboration – with The New Chocolate Company – Ellis Gin & Luxury Chocolates – now that’s a treat!!
- We have been teasing you for a little while about whats coming up. Only because we are excited to be working on Ellis Gin No.5 – keep a look out on our social media to see how you can get your hands on it – there will be a special announcement on the 5th of May (5/5 – Ellis No. 5). All the 5’s….
- Next week – we are also launching our Ellis Girls Night Gin events. Lets make use of the technology and have ‘staying in’ as the new ‘going out’. You and up to 6 of your friends will receive an ‘Ellis Girls Night GIN pack’. All you need to do is schedule your Zoom or Facebook Video Call, we’ll supply the gin and you have the laugh. Could be
- your school friends,
- your work mates,
- your uni friends,
- your book club,
- your Zumba class.
- It’s a great way to have fun and get through this!! Look out for more info on Facebook and Instagram
Remember to follow @Ellis Gin on facebook and instagram and keep abreast of everything we are doing – join our community and have fun with Gin and stay in and stay close to each other. We need each other to get us through the next few months
And lastly – another big SHOUT OUT to all our ‘Key Workers’ – keeping the country running and looking after us. And everyone should set a target that they have at least one act of kindness every day. Some of the act of kindness stories -have been truly inspiring and every time I hear something it restores my faith in man (and woman) kind.
Take Care and Stay Safe