Wow! Can you believe that we are nearly in September?
How has your August been?
Have you been to the shops there is so much Halloween stuff around and also some Christmas stuff!
I could not believe it… IT’S AUGUST!
What a busy week we had last week!
Some seriously classy venues and some really fab events!
Two days in the beautiful Ayrshire Coast at the Seamill Hydro and Turnberry Hotel!
Everyone loving Ellis Gin!
Then we went to the lovely Corke & Caske on Hyndland Road in Glasgow!
Then West Lothian to the 1st Anniversary West Lothian Producers Market! We met some amazing existing and new customers!
This weekend is crazy, crazy, crazy again!
You can check out all our September events below!
We would love to see you at some of them!
In place of Cocktails with Carol this week we thought we would share a special recipe for Bramble Gin Jam instead!
- 500g Brambles
- 400g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 100ml Ellis No.2 Scottish Bramble Gin
- Add the Sugar to the Brambles and stir them together. Leave to macerate for at least two hours, ideally overnight!
- In a saucepan on low heat, stir the Brambles and Sugar with the Lemon Juice until any remaining Sugar has dissolved and the Brambles begin to break down. Bring to a rolling boil until the mixture reaches 105°C/220°F on a Sugar Thermometer (if you have one)
- Take the Jam off the heat and stir in your Ellis Scottish Bramble Gin.
- Leave the jam to cool for 30 minutes and then pour it into sterilised jam jars.
- Only add the jam jar lid when the jam is completely cold.
Then you can enjoy it on some warm toast!
If you are looking for some Ellis No.2 Bramble Gin to make your own Jam click here to order yours!
We hope you all have a lovely weekend and can’t believe we are saying this but a wonderful start to September!